- Anna Barnes and Sue Childs – The April award goes to Anna Barnes and Sue Childs, no matter what is thrown at Anna she just keeps going. To run a marathon is hard, to run two within a week is just crazy but she did it and still turned up at training a few days later and put in an amazing effort. Anna becomes the first CRC member to take this award twice having been most improved runner back in October 2017. Sue bounced back from injury and was 100% committed to her marathon training, even during her training she attended training when she was on rest days to support and encourage others, her loyalty, determination and focus was amazing.
- Ross Cheney – The March award goes to Ross Cheney, a regular at training and improving all the time. Our Run Leaders have been very impressed and here is what some had to say “storming through his marathon training”, “focused on his training”, “He’s putting in so much hard work”. There’s not a month that goes by where deciding on one winner is easy so a very big well done from all our Run Leaders to Tracey Hutcheon and Adam Stanger who both received votes this month.
- Caleb Pullen – The February award goes to one of our juniors Caleb Pullen, our Run Leaders have been amazed with his efforts in training and this has in turn earned him some very impressive 5k times at Tilgate Park Run recently, his smiles shows he is truly enjoying his running achievements. There is not a month that goes by where deciding on one winner is easy so a very big well done from all our Run Leaders to Adam Stanger, Holly Stanger, Paul Ferris, Anna Barnes and Ross Cheney who all received votes.
- Carole Martin – The January award goes to Carole Martin, our Run Leaders noted that her running has become more consistent which in return has resulted in an overall improvement in her running times and distances which will ensure she achieves her goal to run a half marathon in the near future, good luck with your training Carole. Every month it’s so hard to single one person and like December this was an exceptionally close month to call, a very big well done from all our Run Leaders to Xaviar, Armina, Nick Tyson, Shereen Hazman and Holly Stanger who all received votes but were pipped by Carole Martin this month.
- Neil Brennan – The December award goes to Neil Brennan our Run Leaders noted that his efforts in training have been rewarded with a real improvement in his running. His recent determination and desire to do his best has not been missed by our Leaders. Neil is a recent graduate from a 0-5k programme delivered by Shell and Bill and he has also signed up for his first marathon in 2018! Every month it’s so hard to single one person out and December was probably the hardest this year, a very big well done from all our Run Leaders to Louise Clawson and Sue Childs who both received votes but were just pipped by Neil this month.
- Amanda Madel – The November award goes to Amanda Madel, our Run Leaders have been so impressed with her efforts in training both at our weekly sessions but also her determination and hard work in her event training sessions which led to Amanda achieving her goal and conquering the hills of hell and bog of doom over a 10-mile course. Well done to Paul Ferris who received votes this month and to Claire Orsborn who received praise from our Run Leaders keep up the great effort. As always, its hard to single someone out as you all put in so much effort but our Run Leaders are always watching and observing and taking notes of your improvements both at training and events so keep up the great work Crew.
- Anna Barnes – Anna has impressed our Run Leaders at training and was a nominee for this award last month, not only has she continued her rich form through this month she put in a fantastic performance in The Great South Run and if that was not enough, this month she smashed her PBs for her half marathon, 10 miles and 10k, Wow, well done Anna! Well done also to Ross Cheney and Sue Childs who received votes this month keep up the great effort. As always it is so hard to single someone out as you all put in so much effort but our Run Leaders are always watching and observing and taking notes of your improvements both at training and events so keep up the great work Crew.
- Joanne Pullen – Joanne has impressed our Run Leaders this month at training and most of all her decision to take on her first half marathon, what made it more impressive is she has only ever raced up to the 10k distance before and yet completed her first half in 2.17 without stopping! As one of our Run Leaders put it in their vote ‘she just can’t get enough of running at the moment’. Well done also to Anna Barnes and Adam Stanger who received votes this month keep up the great effort. As always it is so hard to single someone out as you all put in so much effort but our Run Leaders are always watching and observing and taking notes of your improvements both at training and events so keep up the great work Crew.
- Alison Mitchell – Not only did Alison smash her mile PB this month but she has also shown improvements at Parkrun, the league races and also in training. Not wanting to be left out, Alison also completed a solo Cheal’s Hill session as she couldn’t make it to the evening session! Now that’s commitment! As always it is so hard to single someone out as you all put in so much effort but our Run Leaders are always watching and observing and taking notes of your improvements both at training and events so keep up the great work Crew.
- Steph McBride – It was noted by a number of run leaders that Steph has been showing steady progress and improvement which resulted in her first sub 30 min 5k at last weeks’ time trial! She has also been a regular attendee at training and league races.
- Bruce Crowe – It has been a tough road back from injury for Bruce but he is another member who has been working hard and is now seeing his times improve. As someone who came via a previous Learn to Run programme we have all see his progress but this has been really evident across June with performances at training and league races.
- Stephen Hartfield – Stephen has had a strong month and this was noticed by all of our Run Leaders as he got a vote from everyone single one! Starting with running his longest ever distance on the 4th June at the London 10 Mile race (see race report further on in the newsletter) it was noticed by all as to the effort that he has been putting into training and the progress being made. One Leader commented “he has really upped his game in the last few months.”
- Shereen Hazman – Shereen’s improvement is clear to see and she has had an amazing month at training. It has been amazing for our run leaders to see how far she has come in such a short space of time since joining the Crew.
- Jenny Cooper – Jenny has been so close to this award for the last two months, her enthusiasm and determination to continue to improve is amazing to see and was something that was noted by all of our run leaders.
- Claire Hooper – Claire has been amazing this month and is a great example of what hard work can achieve. She has been everywhere; training, Parkrun, social events and a league race! She even managed to smash her goal of wanting to run a 10k without stopping at the Lewes 10k on Easter Monday.
- Sally McBride – Sally too has shown tremendous effort in training which was noted by all the Run Leaders and just like Claire her hard work was rewarded with a new 10k PB at Lewes knocking an amazing 7 minutes of her previous best!
- Daniel Britton – Dan has really taken his training to the next level and his efforts at Wednesday training sessions has been noted by all of our Run Leaders, he produced a great time at Horsham Parkrun this month and as we have said before our Run Leaders keep a beady eye on all your activities and we know how hard he has been training through Strava!
- Natalie Dimmock – What can we say about Natalie she is such an inspiration, not just for her continued desire to train with a bump but to continue running for two week in week out with endless half marathons and 10k races is just outstanding.
- Nick Tyson – Nick has really been pushing himself at training sessions and this was noted by all our Run Leaders, his hard work is paying off as he has been getting a new ParkRun PB with every ParkRun he has done recently!
- Henry Harris – Henry has also been outstanding both at training sessions and fitness classes not to mention all the extra running he has been fitting in during the week, his hard work resulted in a new half marathon PB at Brighton.
- Judy Carbone – What a month for Judy! She started it all on the 1st January with not only her first league race for the club but the first time she had ever run 5 miles and what a brutal course to do it on! She may have been the last one home but she showed great determination and never lost her smile all the way around, she pushes hard in training and has now set herself a goal to run a 10k race in April. A PB of 3 minutes at the Worthing ParkRun was another demonstration of an amazing January!
- Nikki Baxter – An ever present figure at training and fitness classes, we can clearly see on Nikki’s face how much she is loving her running at the moment. Run Leaders have noted her continued improvement throughout January both at training and at ParkRun, she also bagged herself a new ParkRun PB at the CRC group run at Worthing!
- Andrea Thorns – Having lost her mojo after doing so well graduating from a Learn 2 Run group, when she heard about the new club starting she was over the moon and is a regular at training and fitness classes. The look on her face at both training and the fitness classes shows without a doubt the hard work and determination she has to get her fitness levels back.
- Andy Franks – Having lost a lot of weight and having only started running a few months ago, Andy would only ever go out at night as he did not want to be seen. He had never run with anyone until he came to the first CRC session. Not only is he improving both with speed/time but he has really opened up and is enjoying running with others. He completed his first event at our group park run and has represented CRC at ParkRun for the last 3 weeks! Andy also ran his first ever race on Boxing Day and has also entered the Hangover 5 WSFRL race on New Year’s Day!
Every month CRC will award a trophy to the clubs most improved runner(s) and the November award goes to… all of you! Every training session has seen you all put in so much effort it’s been impossible to pick any individuals out but throughout December our Run Leaders will be keeping an eye on you all, will you be the one picking up the most improved trophy in December?