Our training sessions take place every Monday and Wednesday evening at 6.30pm and will last around 60 minutes. Each session is led by our qualified UK Athletic qualified Running Coaches and Running Fitness Leaders and will start with a short welcome / introduction, followed by a gentle warm up leading into the main session, and then finally a cool down/stretch at the end.
Running sessions in February:
- Monday 4th February: Hill Repeats – Broadfield Primary Academy (Jnrs 14+)
- Wednesday 6th February: 3K time trial – Southgate Hilltop School (Jnrs 14+)
- Monday 11th February: Negative Splits – Broadfield Primary Academy (Jnrs 14+)
- Wednesday 13th February: Endurance Valentine 6k – Southgate Hilltop (Jnrs 14+)
- Monday 18th February: Loops – Broadfield Primary Academy (Jnrs 14+)
- Wednesday 20th February: Circuits – Bewbush Community Centre (Jnrs 14+)
- Monday 25th February: Hill Repeats – Broadfield Primary Academy (Jnrs 14+)
- Thursday 28th February: Improvement Intervals – K2 Leisure Centre on the track
Juniors (12+) MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian throughout the session at all times, the UKA guidelines states a 2:1 ratio so no more than 2 juniors per parent/guardian.
Whilst we do our best to provide free training for members we do have to pass on any costs for venue hire, here are our winter training fees:
Broadfield and Hilltop Schools – Free for members and just £1 for non-members
Bewbush Circuit Session – £1 for members and just £2 for non-members
K2 Track sessions – £3 for members and £5 for non-members, juniors £2 for members and £3 for non-members
Please follow the instructions and advice of coaches and leaders at all times, failure to follow instructions will result in you being asked to leave the session, the safety of all those involved is paramount to the coaches and leaders. It is your responsibility to inform the instructor prior to starting the class of any illness, injury or pregnancy
- Broadfield Primary Academy – Vulcan Close, Crawley, RH11 9PD
- Hill Top Primary School – Ditchling Hill, Crawley RH11 8QL
- Thursday track sessions take place at K2 Leisure Centre, RH11 9BQ
- Circuits take place at Bewbush Community Centre.
We are very grateful to Mr Tow, Headteacher at Broadfield Primary Academy, who is passionate about helping the Crawley Community and has kindly given Crawley Run Crew use of the schools grounds and facilities for winter training.
WEEKEND SOCIAL RUNS
From time to time, we also meet at the weekends for a relaxed social run – great if you want to enjoy the fresh air, gossip and catch up with friends whilst keeping fit! Dates and meeting points will be advertised in our newsletters and on our social media sites.
NEW TO RUNNING?
If you are a non-member, new to running and interested in joining one of our sessions, contact us today and we will be able to advise you further and provide more information.