Our training sessions take place every Monday and Wednesday evening at 6.30pm and will last around 60 minutes. Each session is led by our qualified UK Athletic Running Fitness Leaders and will start with a short welcome/introduction, followed by a gentle warm up leading into the main session, and then finally a cool down/stretch at the end.
Our summer training will consist of Monday and Wednesday evening running sessions in various friendly neighbourhoods in Crawley. Both are free for members and £1 for non members. Please see below for details of sessions in June as well as some key dates for West Sussex Fun Run League Races, our popular ParkRun tour and some other local runs we think you might like.
Running sessions in August 2017
- Wednesday 2nd: No training due to WSFRL Run
- Monday 7th: Track, Intervals, Maidenbower Junior School. RH10 7RA *suitable for juniors*
- Wednesday 9th: CRC Sports Day, Broadfield Primary Academy
- Monday 14th: Track, Changing Paces, Maidenbower Junior School. RH10 7RA *suitable for juniors*
- Wednesday 16th: Cheals Hills, Buckswood Drive
- Sunday 20th: WSFRL Hove Hornets 9.5k and junior races
- Monday 21st: Timed Distance, Worth Way
- Wednesday 23rd: Mile Challenge, West Green Park
- Saturday 26th: Parkrun Tour to Eastbourne, BN23 8EJ
- Monday 28th: Bank Holiday, No Training
- Wednesday 30th: 5k & 8k Challenge, Tilgate Park
Our fitness classes will return in the autumn….
We are very grateful to Mr Tow, Headteacher at Broadfield Primary Academy, who is passionate about helping the Crawley Community and has kindly given Crawley Run Crew use of the schools grounds and facilities for winter training.
From time to time, we also meet at the weekends for a relaxed social run – great if you want to enjoy the fresh air, gossip and catch up with friends whilst keeping fit! Dates and meeting points will be advertised in our newsletters and on our social media sites.
NEW TO RUNNING?
If you are a non-member, new to running and interested in joining one of our sessions, contact us today and we will be able to advise you further and provide more information.
- Juniors under the age of 18 are welcome to take part in our running sessions but must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian.
- It is your responsibility to inform the instructor prior to starting the class of any illness, injury or pregnancy