Our training sessions take place every Monday and Wednesday evening at 6.30pm and will last around 60 minutes. Each session is led by our qualified UK Athletic Coaches and Running Fitness Leaders and will start with a short welcome/introduction, followed by a gentle warm up leading into the main session, and then finally a cool down/stretch at the end.
Monday social runs will happen every week throughout the winter, they are perfect as a recovery from weekend racing or just to have a social catch up run with each other. The distance for our Monday social run will range from 5k to 8k.
We will also offer a choice of sessions on the Wednesday nights, which will run from Broadfield Primary Academy as well as the all new sessions on the track at K2 Leisure Centre. We are continually grateful to the school for providing us with the facility. Continue to keep your eye on the forthcoming programme in future newsletters, on Facebook, and on the website for full details.
Running sessions in November:
- Wednesday 1st: Ladders *this session is suitable for juniors*
- Thursday 2nd: K2 Track ‘5/4/3/2/1’
- Monday 6th: Social 5k/8k
- Wednesday 8th: Tollgate Hill repeats
- Monday 13th: Social 5k/8k
- Wednesday 15th: Loops
- Thursday 16th: K2 Track ‘Poker Face’
- Monday 20th: Social 5k/8k OR Fitness Class
- Wednesday 22nd: Change of Pace *this session is suitable for juniors*
- Monday 27th: Social 5k/8k
- Wednesday 29th: Leg Burners *this session is suitable for juniors*
- Thursday 30th: K2 Track ‘Ever Decreasing Circles’
ALL Monday and Wednesday run sessions will start and finish at Broadfield Primary Academy, Vulcan Close, RH11 9PD.
Thursday track sessions take place at K2 Leisure Centre, RH11 9BQ.
Fitness Classes take place at The Brook School, Salterns road, Maidenbower, RH10 7JE.
We are very grateful to Mr Tow, Headteacher at Broadfield Primary Academy, who is passionate about helping the Crawley Community and has kindly given Crawley Run Crew use of the schools grounds and facilities for winter training.
WEEKEND SOCIAL RUNS
From time to time, we also meet at the weekends for a relaxed social run – great if you want to enjoy the fresh air, gossip and catch up with friends whilst keeping fit! Dates and meeting points will be advertised in our newsletters and on our social media sites.
NEW TO RUNNING?
If you are a non-member, new to running and interested in joining one of our sessions, contact us today and we will be able to advise you further and provide more information.
- Juniors under the age of 18 are welcome to take part in our running sessions but must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian.
- It is your responsibility to inform the instructor prior to starting the class of any illness, injury or pregnancy