Our training sessions take place every Monday and Wednesday evening at 6.30pm and will last around 60 minutes. Each session is led by our qualified UK Athletic Coaches and Running Fitness Leaders and will start with a short welcome/introduction, followed by a gentle warm up leading into the main session, and then finally a cool down/stretch at the end.
SUMMER TRAINING IS BACK!
As of the 9th of April we moved to our all new summer training schedule! This means our venues change so please keep an eye on the website and Facebook page for planned sessions and any updates!
Running sessions in August:
- Wednesday 1st: WSFRL Race Highdown Hike
- Monday 6th: Distance run along Parish Lane, 20 minutes out and 20 mins back, meeting at the start of Parish Lane Pease Pottage RH10 5NY (ample parking in the service station) This route is Buggy friendly although open to traffic, ages 14+ only.
- Wednesday 8th: Increasing Steps Tilgate Park, short bursts of speed with equal recovery, (meeting in the car park opposite Smith & Western RH10 5PQ) juniors welcome with a 2to1 ratio for parents/guardians.
- Monday 13th: Distance run along the Worth Way Route 1 out to Rowfant, 20 minutes out and 20 minutes back (meeting at Worth church RH10 7DY) Buggy friendly and juniors 14+ welcome.
- Wednesday 15th: Time Trials in Tilgate Park, your chance to set a new personal best against your previous 5k or 8K or the chance to record your first one (meet in car park opposite Smith & Western RH10 5PQ) Buggy friendly and juniors 14+ welcome.
- Monday 20th: Hill repeats in Tilgate Park remember what goes up must come down! (meet in the car park opposite Smith & Western RH10 5PQ) juniors welcome with a 2 to 1 ratio for parents/guardians.
- Wednesday 22nd: Distance run along Worth Way veering off to take in some hills along Standinghill Lane, 20 minutes out and 20 minutes back (meeting outside Worth Church RH10 7DY) juniors 14+ welcome.
- Monday 27th: No Training – Bank Holiday & Horsham Round
- Wednesday 29th: No Training due to track on Thursday 30th.
- Thursday 30th: K2 Leisure Centre, the mile challenge on the track and a chance to beat your previous time or set your first time (meet by the track exit doors, ample parking within K2 RH11 9BQ) juniors welcome with a 2to1 ratio for parents/guardians. Cost £3 for members, £5 for non-members.
Juniors MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian throughout the session at all times, the UKA guidelines states a 2:1 ratio so no more than 2 juniors per parent/guardian.
Please follow the instructions and advice of coaches and leaders at all times, failure to follow instructions will result in you being asked to leave the session, the safety of all those involved is paramount to the coaches and leaders.
Worth Way Sessions: Meet point is by Worth Church on Station Hill
Tilgate Sessions: Meet point is in the top car park (free after 6pm) by the toilet block/Smith & Western
Thursday track sessions take place at K2 Leisure Centre, RH11 9BQ.
Fitness classes will be back in the Autumn!
We are very grateful to Mr Tow, Headteacher at Broadfield Primary Academy, who is passionate about helping the Crawley Community and has kindly given Crawley Run Crew use of the schools grounds and facilities for winter training.
WEEKEND SOCIAL RUNS
From time to time, we also meet at the weekends for a relaxed social run – great if you want to enjoy the fresh air, gossip and catch up with friends whilst keeping fit! Dates and meeting points will be advertised in our newsletters and on our social media sites.
NEW TO RUNNING?
If you are a non-member, new to running and interested in joining one of our sessions, contact us today and we will be able to advise you further and provide more information.
- Juniors under the age of 18 are welcome to take part in our running sessions but must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian.
- It is your responsibility to inform the instructor prior to starting the class of any illness, injury or pregnancy