West Sussex Fun Run League
The league promotes fun running for everyone regardless of ability and as of the 1st January 2018 Crawley Run Crew became affiliated to the league.
The league is made up of 18 local running clubs from around Sussex, each club stages their home event which is open to any runner regardless of whether they are affiliated to a club in the league or not, all of the fun run races are between 5k and 10k for seniors and no more than 1 mile for juniors.
Being part of the league our members only pay £3 entry fee for senior races and £1 for junior races, there are no prizes for coming 1st, 2nd or 3rd the emphasis is always on the fun run element in all the races, some events do offer a medal to all completers more so in the junior races.
As if representing the club in these events was not enough of an incentive to take part we also have many awards on offer to those that do, such as the challenge awards, participation awards and spot prizes after each race.
Event dates and times are subject to change so we strongly recommend checking the WSFRL website www.westsussexfunrunleague.org.uk and the hosts clubs website for any changes prior to taking part.
Please note: The Goring Hangover 5 is not included in the 2018 calendar, the Hangover 5 on Tuesday 1st January 2019 will become the first race of the 2019 season.
Do you want to get your hands on one or more of our 2018 challenge trophies this year?
Simply take part in each event to qualify for the award, this year our seniors have three challenges, are you ready to take them on?
- Mambo Challenge – 5 races all around 5 miles towards the second half of the season.
- Vengaboys Challenge – 5 races taking into account what goes up must come down.
- Commodores Challenge – 5 races in the first half of the season some of them easy like a Sunday morning.
This year our juniors also have three challenges!
- Eggciting Challenge – 4 races in the first half of the season starting with the ‘Eggciting’ Easter Monday Lewes event.
- Beach Challenge – 4 races 3 of which are held on a Wednesday evening so you may need to do your homework whilst running! The fun starts on the beach in Littlehampton.
- Firework Challenge – 4 races in the second half of the season ending with a bang at the gunpowder trot in Horsham.